Secret Commission.claims Terms and Conditions
1. Definition of Terms
We, Us and Our means Secret Commissions.claims (and all of its trading names), whose registered office is 76 King Street, Manchester, M2 4NH, (company registration number 10533861). are a trading style of Financial Claims Management Ltd company number 09413277, 11 Whitsbury Close, Bournemouth, England, BH8 0NX authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority FRN838255.
You and Your means You the person/s entering into this Agreement.
Your Investment means the Investment product sold or provided to you.
The Adviser – the regulated financial institution(s) or other provider(s) responsible for the advice provided and sale of your Investment, against which We bring a Claim on your behalf.
Claim – a claim or claims made by Us to the Adviser on your behalf relating to one or more of your investment products.
Pension related claims – any claim made by Us to the Advisor on your behalf relating specifically to the mis-selling or mis-advising of a pension.
2. Scope of Work
We will collate information from you and correspond with the Solicitor in respect of your claim/s if required, with the aim of securing a successful claim/s on your behalf.
Should your claim/s not be accepted by the Solicitor, we will close our file.
We will keep you informed of the progress of your claim and will advise you on both the merits of your claim and the best course of action at every stage.
Other than the actions referred to above, we will not be obliged to take any action on your behalf, unless we otherwise agree in writing.
3. No Guarantee
We give no guarantee and make no representation that any claim/s that we make on your behalf will be successful, or that we will be able to recover any particular sum of money, or achieve any particular result, for you and you agree not to hold us liable for any amounts we are unable to recover.
4. Fees and Interest
On successful completion of your claim/s, you pay us NOTHING, our fee is paid directly by the Solicitor.
5. Your Obligations
- 5.1. You must promptly provide to us, at no cost to us, copies of any documents in your possession (in relation to the claim), and with any other information, that we ask for at any time.
- 5.2. You must make full, frank and prompt disclosure to us of all facts that you believe are relevant to your claim/s, and not deliberately mislead us at any time.
- 5.3. You must promptly provide to us, at no cost to us, any authority we ask for at any time, authorising us to carry out our obligations under this agreement and to receive direct payment of the Sum Recovered (as referred to in clause 4.3 above).
6. Termination, lien and set off
- 6.1. You may terminate this agreement at any time for free up to the point a settlement offer is made on a successful claim.
- 6.2. There is no fee for cancellation. However, If you do not perform any of your obligations under this agreement, so that we are unable to perform our own obligations, we may (if we decide to do so) regard you as having terminated this agreement in accordance with the clause above.
- 7.1. This agreement may be amended from time to time, without notifying you.
- 7.2. You are not required to use a claims management company to pursue your claim. You have the right to go direct to your adviser, or to use the Financial Ombudsman Service (www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk) to seek redress independently and free of charge. You may also have the right to claim via the Financial Services Compensation Scheme (FSCS) for free, if you have been mis-advised and the firm (that advised you) has since failed – more information can be found at www.fscs.org.uk. In the case of pension related claims, you may also have the right to claim via The Pension Ombudsman for free – more information can be found at https://www.pensions-ombudsman.org.uk/.
- 7.4. The construction, validity and performance of this agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with English Law and you and we agree that the English Courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over such matters, however we will have the right to take action against you in relation to this agreement in any Court, in any country, if we feel that it is necessary.
8. Complaints Procedure
We pride ourselves on providing a professional service. If you are not happy with our service in any way, we would like to hear about it. A full copy of our complaints policy and procedure can be provided on request. Please address your complaint in writing to:
Complaints Manager, Secret Commission claims, 76 King Street, Manchester, M2 4NH